A dear friend recently Tweeted…
WTF are jeggings? #clueless
Dear Clueless, have no fear, your answer is here.
Take one part jeans. Add one part leggings. A dash of spandex. Maybe even some polyester or lycra. And, voila, you have yourself a jegging.
Jeggings really hit the style scene last Fall as models started parading them around paired with sky-high stilettos or knee-high riding boots. Though model I am not, I bought one pair last Fall at my fave local jean store in the North End, Injeanius, and was hooked.
What’s so great about jeggings?
1. They are the most comfortable pair of jeans you will ever own that actually look GOOD and are comfortable – something not typically attained in the fashion department.
2. They are NOT, I repeat not, leggings. Please dear fashionista, promise me you will never ever wear leggings as pants outside of your house. Promise? Phew, we got that over with. Jeggings have all the stylings of jeans – stitching, grommets, hems – but all the stretch and comfort of a legging.
3. They fit like a glove. Jeggings create a slimming effect, which is contrary to popular belief. I’ve heard people say they fear looking like a stuffed sausage. I say, try them and see for yourself. Just like a regular jean, you might need to try a few different brands to find the perfect fit.
4. They are generally cheaper than a pair of True Religions. Most jeggings I’ve seen run under $100. Rue La La just had James Jeans jeggings for under $70 – a steal!
5. They honestly go with everything. A tank and flats. A hot night-on-the-town top and stilettos. A jacket and boots. The slim style is especially great with boots – no pant overhang. I hate it when that happens.
So, I urge to to test-drive the jeggings style jeans for Fall and see what happens. Be careful you might become addicted like me.
PS: Have you tried jeggings? Would love to hear if you are in love, like, hate…tell me all about it.