What have you done to incorporate some leopard into your wardrobe this season?
I saw the Purrfection article in Sunday’s Globe Magazine and thought to myself: “Why is this new news?” I’ve been talking about animal prints – most specifically leopard – for a good 2 years now. The amazing thing about leopard is that it seems to weather the fashion-trend storm. Never really going out of style. Sure, the lines or the fabric or the details may change slightly but not enough to make last winter’s leopard beauty obsolete this winter. The Globe article made a great point about the benefit of leopard for all skin tones – that is something hard to find with a print. Leopard flatters just about every skin tone and I’ve seen all shades from the bold “looks-just-like-a-leopard” print, to more subtle or muted tones, which give you lots of choices to find one that looks great on you.
I’ve heard some of you say that leopard is “too much”. To that I say…try it before your judge. I have a leopard scarf and every time I wear it I feel stylish and like a wildcat (okay, maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration:). Leopard can go bold – like a coat or some hot stiletto boots, or be more of an accessory – like a great clutch or a drapey scarf.
In my closet, I have the following leopard goodies:
1. J. Crew cardigan – about 10 years old. Still wear it and it’s gorgeous.
2. Tory Burch flats – my first pair of TB flats. They are a staple in my wardrobe and, three years later, still look like a million bucks with everything.
3. Ella Moss halter top – Hot leopard print bandeau top with halter strap. Cute with jeans, pencil skirt, vinyl pants…
4. Pashmina – $25 purchase in Soho. Dresses up any fall/winter/spring coat.
5. Cuff – Needs a new clasp but the leopard print cuff I bought last year is still rockin this year.
I don’t know why, but there is something exhilarating about leopard. It’s luxurious and unique and can make anything ordinary look saucy and purrfect. So, I ask you, my style maven, how will you incorporate leopard into your wardrobe this season?